Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tan tan tan tan tan tan tan

Well the call at the bus station all day that I could hear from the room of our hotel was 'Agadir, agadir, agadir, agadir' so after organising for us both to do some washing on the roof top of the hotel I went down to the bus station to organise our tickets southbound. I had no idea when the next bus south would go or when it indeed where it was going to go. I walked into the bus station area with everyone continuing to shriek town names and then they all piled on me asking me if I wanted to go to Agadir, Marrakesh or anything else (except a southern destination) so I just walked through them all pointing at the ground and saying 'Tan tan, Tan Tan, Tan tan' which had most of the stitched up laughing!

We met back at Anaj Mat's cafe for another coffee after he'd finished doing his washing and found another restaurant on the bus station square to have lunch in, not a great lunch but better was to come. Another European guy wandered past our table, and went to sit at Anaj Mat's, our lunch needed washing down with a good cup of mint tea so after a while we went back there. I spoke to the guy next to us in French, but he turned out to be German, Berndt a retired History or was it Maths teacher???spends the European winters in Agadir and points south. As a threesome we wandered in the direction of the souq that I heard happens on a Sunday in Tan Tan, after a few minutes with several donkey taxi carts trotting past, a voice called out and it was my friend and her daughter going to the souq. They stopped and let the three of us on board, she refused to let us pay the dirham each for the ride ...

No comments: