Thursday, February 02, 2006

Berndt's delicacy

Berndt took us back to 'his' end of Tan Tan, which is a long strung out town with a military base at one end and to a cafe he knew although he was in the Hotel Dakar opposite ours he'd explored the other end of town having been there a few days in an attempt to get to Tarfaya.

He introduced us to something I'd never eaten before in Morocco, a kind of omelette but on a base of tomato puree and cooked with a large green chilli in the middle, lots of spices and as usual I added a good helping of cumin to my eggs ... so that was an early supper and a delicious one at that!

We said goodbye to Berndt the following morning before his bus at 10am to Tarfaya, he was hoping to find somewhere to stay there, I hope he did as he was on the hunt for more history regarding St Louis de Expuery and it would take more than the few hours that he would have before the bus left again.

Our bus to Dahkla left at 2pm ... a sad farewell to my friends at Anaj Mat .. but I knew I'd see them again!

No comments: